Bitcoin has traded sideways and is currently trading below $42,000 (see charts one and two below). But other crypto markets have performed better. Our smart contract index has jumped 11.9%thanks to a surge in Cardano (up 31%) and our DeFi index has jumped 10.6%. The metaverse index had earlier underperformed but could only muster a 6.4% gain.
In terms of the breakdown within each index, see below.
- Smart contract platform index Solana (SOL) in this basket are up on the week. Cardano (ADA) is up the most at 31.2%, followed by Polkadot (DOT) at 3.6%. Ethereum is up 1.6%. All coins except for
- DeFi index Compound (COMP) are up on the week. Aave (AAVE) is up the most at 13.4% while Compound (COMP) is down 4.5%. All coins except for
- Metaverse index Axie Infinity (AXA) is currently up the most at 6.8%, followed by Enjin Coin (ENJ) at 2.9%. Meanwhile, Gala (GALA) is down the most at 4.5%. The constituents in this basket had mixed performance.
- Bitcoin This is relatively unchanged, only falling 0.1% on the week.
What are in the four indices?
Here are the indices in more detail.
- Bitcoin crypto markets deserves its own category and is in many ways the true benchmark for any other crypto market. he OG of
- Smart contract platforms Bitcoin, the big innovation was to have blockchains that were more programmable. These could host smart contracts or decentralized applications and have allowed the emergence of the metaverse and DeFi. Ethereum (ETH) is the most popular version of a smart contract platform. But we also include rivals Solana (SOL), Cardano (ADA) and Avalanche (AVAX). We also include Polkadot (DOT), which allows interoperability between blockchains and the use of smart contracts via parachains. fter
- Metaverse Decentraland (MANA), which is a virtual world that allows ownership of land among other things. The three other coins we include are The Sandbox (SAND), Enjin Coin (CNJ) and Gala (GALA). oins associated with the creation of a virtual space/digital world on the internet using a combination of augmented reality, virtual reality and social networks. One of the largest is this space is Axie Infinity (AXS), which is a play-to-earn gaming platform. Another is
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi) Maker (MKR), Compound (COMP), Uniswap (UNI) and PancakeSwap (CAKE). inancial services built on top of blockchain networks with no central intermediaries. This can be a very broad category, so we narrow this down to platforms that focus on lending and borrowing or to yield farming. The five coins we have selected are Aave (AAVE),
The commentary contained in the above article does not constitute an offer or a solicitation or a recommendation to implement or liquidate an investment or to carry out any other transaction. It should not be used as a basis for any investment decision or other decision. Any investment decision should be based on appropriate professional advice specific to your needs.