What is Metaverse Index (MVI) Price Today? Where can we buy it? – Crypto Volatility Index Chart
Metaverse Index (MVI) Price, Chart & Market Cap – Crypto Volatility Index Chart – New Expanded Indices Show Continued Metaverse Outperformance
Our crypto indices have been popular among investors and so we are constantly looking for ways to improve them. We’ve therefore decided to make a number of improvements. First, we expanded the number of coins in each index from five to 10. This should give a better overall measure of how well each class of coins is performing.
Second, we’ve changed the index calculation methodology to a more tradeable monthly rebalancing rather than daily. We retain equal weighting to prevent one coin from dominating each index. We’ll release a more detailed write-up on how we decided on the coins and the broader revisions in the coming weeks.
As for the recent performance of the indices, we continue to find our metaverse index outperforming with an impressive 27% gain over the past week (see charts one and two). Bitcoin, our smart contract index and our DeFi index had similar weekly performances of around 15%.
In terms of the breakdown within each index,
- Smart contract platform index VeChain (VET) is up the most at 25% on the week, while Chainlink (LINK) is up the least at nine percent. Meanwhile, Ethereum is up 17% on the week.
- DeFi index Compound (COMP) is up the most at 22% while Uniswap (UNI) and Maker (MKR) are up the least at five percent each.
- Metaverse index Gala (GALA) is up the most at a staggering 76% while Aavegotchi (GHST) is up the least at three percent.
- Bitcoin index This is up 14% on the week.
What are the four indices?
Here are the indices in more detail.
- Bitcoin crypto market. he OG of crypto markets deserves its own category and is in many ways the true benchmark for any other
- Smart contract platforms Cardano (ADA), Avalanche (AVAX), Solana (SOL), Fantom (FTM), VeChain (VET), Terra (LUNA), EOS (EOS) and Chainlink (LINK). We also include Polkadot (DOT), which allows interoperability between blockchains and the use of smart contracts via parachains. fter Bitcoin, the big innovation was to have blockchains that were more programmable. These could host smart contracts or decentralized applications and have allowed the emergence of the metaverse and DeFi. Ethereum (ETH) is the most popular version of a smart contract platform. As well as Ethereum, we also include some key competitors. The constituents of this index are Ethereum (ETH),
- Metaverse Axie Infinity (AXS), The Sandbox (SAND), Decentraland (MANA), Enjin Coin (ENJ), Aavegotchi (GHST), Terra Virtua Kolect (TVK), Ultra (UOS), Phantasma (SOUL), RedFOX Labs (RFOX) and Gala (GALA). oins associated with the creation of a virtual space/digital world on the internet using a combination of augmented reality, virtual reality and social networks. The constituents of this index are
- Decentralized finance (DeFi) Aave (AAVE), Compound (COMP), Uniswap (UNI), Yearn.finance (YFI), Loopring (LRC), PancakeSwap (CAKE), Maker (MKR), 1inch (1INCH), Thorchain (RUNE) and Terra (LUNA). inancial services built on top of blockchain networks with no central intermediaries. This can be a very broad category, so we narrow this down to platforms that focus on lending/borrowing, yield farming, automated market making and decentralized exchange tokens. The constituents of this index are